About Us

Our Mission

Boys & Girls Clubs of Indianapolis believes every young person deserves to live a life filled with hope and opportunity. Because we care about our young people, we provide a safe, educational and positive atmosphere where they can prosper and reach their full potential.

Who We Are

When the school bell rings for the end of the day, many Indianapolis youth are left with few options for positive after-school activities. Some are at home with no adult care or supervision, not because they do not have great caretakers, but because caretakers must work long hours to support their families. Young people need to know that someone cares when guardians cannot be there.

Boys & Girls Clubs offer that and more. Club programs and services help youth understand they matter.

The Clubs are a safe place to learn and grow – all while having fun. It is a place where Great Futures are started each and every day.

We will do Whatever It Takes to build Great Futures for the youth in our city!

Our Values

Youth Centered

We will put kids first by being mindful of the many issues youth face today. We will be supportive; proactive; engaging; passionate; focused; and committed to providing quality services.

Ethical

We will operate in an open, honest, and transparent environment.

Accountable

We take full responsibility for our actions and performance. We will be reliable, produce measurable outcomes and evaluate our programs.

United

We are a team of diverse individuals who work together to accomplish our mission. We will encourage, support, and respect for each other.

Our History

1893: Newsboy Home opened

1895: Named changed to The Boy’s Home and Employment Association

1897: Butler Memorial Boys Club opened at Madison Avenue and Meridian St.

1898: Named changed to The Boy’s Club Association

1913: Herman Lauter Memorial Club Opened

1913: Camp opened in Noblesville

1926: English Avenue Club opened

1944: Women’s Auxiliary Founded

1955: Salk Park Club Opened

1966: Atkins Club Opened

1970: College Scholarship Program begins

1971: LeGore Club Opens

1972: Wheeler Club Opens

1974: Keenan-Stahl Club joins BGCI

1989: Girls are allowed to attend the Clubs

1990: Concord Club Opens

1991: Name changed to Boys & Girls Clubs of Indianapolis

1993: Lilly Club Opens

1993: 100 years of service in Indianapolis

2001: School Sites Open

2011: Education Initiative Begins

2012: Education Directors and Graduation for Mas Counselors added to Facility Sites

2015: Expanded kitchens and cafeterias open in the Clubs

2016: Finish Line Club Opens

2018: Indianapolis Boys & Girls Club Celebrates 25th Anniversary

Menu