Current open positions at stonybrook
Youth Development Professional
Under the supervision of the Unit Director and the Senior Youth Development Professional, the Youth Development Professional develops and leads programs in all Boys & Girls Club core program areas. This position also supervises youth and volunteers.
- Plan and supervise activities for Club members that are:
- Provide positive guidance and discipline for youth in assigned program areas.
- Accurately track member participation in programs and program outcomes.
- Develop weekly lesson plans and complete daily reports
- Prepare weekly reports and submit to Senior Youth Development Professional
- Coordinate field trips with Senior Youth Development Professional
- Attend field trips
- Advocate for parental involvement
- Cooperate with community partners to offer sports programs
- Recruit parents for participation and involvement
- Help youth with homework and lead small group activities
- Tutor children and incorporate education in all activities
- High school diploma. Some college education in youth development or related field
- Experience working with youth ages 5-12
- Demonstrated experience in planning, implementing and evaluating youth programs
- Ability to serve as a role model for Club members
- Standing/walking for long periods of time while supervising children.
- Reaching, lifting, balancing, etc while cleaning up program areas.
- Extensive physical movement while supervising or participating in activities with youth.
If you would like to apply, please email Alicia Collins at email@example.com.