Navigation

Mission

Boys & Girls Clubs of Indianapolis believes every young person deserves to live a life filled with hope and opportunity. Because we care about our young people, we provide a safe, educational and positive atmosphere where they can prosper and reach their full potential.


Values

434wheelerYouth Centered: We will put kids first by being mindful of the many issues youth face today. We will be supportive; proactive; engaging; passionate; focused; and committed to providing quality services.

Ethical: We will operate in an open, honest, and transparent environment.

Accountable: We take full responsibility for our actions and performance. We will be reliable, produce measurable outcomes and evaluate our programs.
United: We are a team of diverse individuals who work together to accomplish our mission. We will encourage, support, and respect each other.

History

  • 1893, Newsboy Home opened
  • 1895, named changed to The Boy’s Home and Employment Association
  • 1897, Butler Memorial Boys Club opened at Madison Avenue and Meridian St.
  • 1898, named changed to The Boy’s Club Association
  • 1913, Herman Lauter Memorial Club Opened
  • 1913, Camp opened in Noblesville
  • 1926, English Avenue Club opened
  • 1944, Women’s Auxiliary Founded
  • 1955, Salk Park Club Opened
  • 1966, Atkins Club Opened
  • 1970, College Scholarship Program begins
  • 1971 LeGore Club Opens
  • 1972, Wheeler Club Opens
  • 1974, Keenan-Stahl Club joins BGCI
  • 1989, Girls are allowed to attend the Clubs
  • 1990 Concord Club Opens
  • 1991, name changed to Boys & Girls Clubs of Indianapolis
  • 1993, Lilly Club Opens
  • 1993, 100 years of service in Indianapolis
  • 2001, School Sites Open
  • 2011, Education Initiative Begins